Benefits of Kati Basti
• Increases the circulation in the region, as the herbal oil gets deeply absorbed into the skin, and both nourishes and strengthens the muscles and nerves
• Pacifies one of the primary sites of Vata, relieving pain, soreness, and tension and restoring flexibility
• Relieves chronic lower backaches and painful muscle spasms, stiffness, and degenerative problems
1) Expect the appointment to take forty-five minutes for treatment.
2) Exact treatment procedures will vary depending on the Basti requested and you may or may not be asked to disrobe.
3) Skin will be prepped with an herbal transdermal cream.
4) The Basti (dough dam) will be prepared and placed on the location of choice.
5) Medicinal oils will be poured and contained within the dam for approximately twenty minutes.
6) While the beneficial oils and herbs are soaking in, additional treatments such as Sound Therapy, Marma Therapy, etc may be added on.
7) After the dough dam and oils are removed, you will be offered refreshment such as a signature tea.